This e-mail was sent last week, but apparently many did not receive it...I am resending it.....I apologize if you did already receive it.... - Diana Voss, TLT
Also ........ This message is being sent via a listserve, you may need to copy and paste the web addresses below into your browser
Stony Brook Instructors,
Did you know?
1. You have a Blackboard course for each course you are teaching at Stony Brook . What is Blackboard? It's a web-based course management system that you can post your content to (announcements, course documents) , manage grades, have students participate in discussion boards, group work areas, tests, surveys, submit assignments, and more!
2. You can log into Blackboard with your NetID. What's a Net ID? - http://it.cc.stonybrook.edu/student_guide/netid
3. Students cannot see your Blackboard site until you make your course available : https://tlt.stonybrook.edu/Services/Blackboard/Documents/faculty/faculty_basics/course_availability.pdf
4. All students who appear on your Roster in SOLAR are automatically added to your Blackboard site
5. TLT's Instructional Technology support team is here to help instructors!
Our support hours* are: M - F 9am - 5pm / Phone # is: 631-632-2777 / E-mail: [log in to unmask]
*You may experience a delay in response time these next few weeks, please be patient, we will get back to you as soon as we can. We promise!
Students who require assistance need to call 631-632-9602 or e-mail [log in to unmask] . Please do not give them the instructor help line.
After Hours Support (SUNY Learning Network Helpdesk) - 1-800-875-6269 M-Th 5pm - 9pm; Sat 10am - 5pm; Sun 1pm - 9pm The SLN HelpDesk staff can only view course content (They do not have access to the Control Panel): http://sln.suny.edu/help/help_hoursinfo.shtml
TLT & SLN Helpdesk are closed on Labor Day, kindly e-mail us and we will reply to you as soon as we can after the Holiday.
- Stony Brook's Blackboard Help Guide for Instructors: https://tlt.stonybrook.edu/Services/Blackboard/Pages/bbdocsfac.aspx
- Frequently Asked Questions (Faculty): https://tlt.stonybrook.edu/Services/Blackboard/Pages/faculty/facultyfaq.aspx
- Video Tutorials: Stony Brook now subscribes to Lynda.com and they do have a Blackboard Tutorial for Instructors. click on this link: http://www.lynda.com/tutorial/70197?org=stonybrook.edu and log in with your NetID
Any questions? Please ask!
Manager of TLT's Instructional Technology Support Team
Stony Brook University
Teaching, Learning + Technology's Instructional Technology Support Team
Stony Brook University
[log in to unmask]
Online Help Documentation | Blog | Follow us on Twitter!