Maybe the onedimensional EM clustering algorithm by Francesco Bartolucci,
published 2006 could be applied. There is Matlab code available by the author
and I have implemented a version of that  in CMAT.

Wolfgang Hartmann

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:51 PM, F. James Rohlf <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Pierre Legendre has worked on spatially constrained clustering using
methods that may work for time also. That would be a place to start.

Jim

F. James Rohlf
Distinguished Professor, Stony Brook University
http://life.bio.sunysb.edu/ee/rohlf

--
Time is not Onedimensional!
And even if it were - it would still be too difficult for me to handle.---

Wolfgang M. Hartmann

www.wcmat.com/wolfgang
home: [log in to unmask]