Maybe the onedimensional EM clustering algorithm by Francesco Bartolucci,
published 2006 could be applied. There is Matlab code available by the
author
and I have implemented a version of that  in CMAT.

Wolfgang Hartmann

--
Time is not Onedimensional!
And even if it were - it would still be too difficult for me to handle.---

Wolfgang M. Hartmann

www.wcmat.com/wolfgang
home: [log in to unmask]