Yoga and Meditation at the Wang

"Sunita S. Mukhi" <[log in to unmask]>

Wang Center Events <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:36:42 -0400

SANGHA (COMMUNITY) YOGA AT THE WANG CENTER w/ ELIZABETH HEIFFERON
Mondays, 8:30 and Thursdays, 4:30

PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO YOGA ON MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2009
Please join us for multi-level yoga classes(appropriate for beginners and more
advanced students), designed to stretch and strengthen your body, increase
your inner peace, and bring mind, body, and spirit into alignment. This is hatha
yoga, meaning it incorporates the physical practices of yoga: asana (poses),
pranayama (breath control), and meditation. Bring along a mat (if you have
one) and an intention for positive change, and grow with us in the Wang
Center gardens, as we explore the practice of yoga: the total mind-body
workout that doesn't feel like a workout.

CHANT FOR MOTHER EARTH WEEKLY MEDITATION
Wednesdays starting July 15, 2009,  5:00 pm, Wang Center

Join this prayer group for World Peace and practice spiritualism in your daily
life. Gayatri Mantra will direct our thoughts. We will practice breathing
exercises (Pranayama) for a healthy life and meditation for peace of mind. For
more information, please contact Sunita Gupta at [log in to unmask] or call
(631) 882-2791. For a Flier : http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/wang/Gayatri%
20mantra%20flyer%20new.jpg

For more information on these and other Asian and Asian American Programs
please visit : http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/wang/events.shtml