CLASS-L Archives

October 2000

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Classification, clustering, and phylogeny estimation" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Clare Guse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:46:16 -0500
Hi all,

I am beginning to perform a cluster analysis with 7 variables reflecting a
subject's behaviors and feelings in reaction to a partner's use of violence
against them.  However, some of these variables are correlated
(correlations range from 0.010 to 0.696) and I'm not sure how to handle
this situation.  What level of correlation is a problem?  Should one of the
pair of correlated variables be removed from consideration and, if so, how
does one choose?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this problem,
Clare

Clare Guse, MS
Biostatistician
Dept. of Family & Community Medicine
Division of Research
Center for Practice-Based Research (CPBR)
Medical College of Wisconsin
414-456-8699
414-456-6522  (FAX)