FleetBoston Financial, a major banking and financial corporation, is
looking for two Senior Quantitative Analytic Consultants/Assistant
Vice Presidents to join the Database Marketing Group in Waltham, MA
(approx 35 minutes from Boston city).
Our 40-person team of Database Marketing supports many business lines
including retail deposit banking, mutual funds services, stock
brokerage services, internet banking, commerical banking, consumer
lending, and small business deposit, loan, and credit card services.
Reporting directly to Vice President and Manager of Modeling and
Analysis, Database Marketing, both senior positions will apply precise
scientific approaches in the delivery of marketing campaigns, and
identifying opportunities for increased profitability by refining the
target market and product offerings. The analysis may include:
- Development of predictive models for cross-selling, up-selling,
customer acquisition, usage/profitability, and attrition,
- Customer lifetime value analysis,
- Campaign design support,
- Customer segmentation analysis,
- Post-campaign analysis and consultation.
Position 1: Senior Quantitative Analytic Consultant - Modeling
- Successful candidate must be knowledgeable of emerging statistical
modeling and data mining techniques such as decision tree, neural
network, and spline regression,
- Frequently interact with other database marketing professionals and
business line managers,
- Possibly lead a team of analysts on projects,
- Good knowledge of SAS is a must,
- Knowledge of experimental design is a plus,
- Experience with database marketing/marketing science is a plus.
Masters in Statistics, Econometrics, or related highly quantitative
areas such as Artificial Intelligence and Electrical Engineering with
at least 5 years relevant work experience; Or
Doctorate in Statistics, Marketing Science, Econometrics, or related
highly quantitative areas such as Artificial Intelligence and
Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years relevant work experience.
Position 2: Senior Quantitative Analytic Consultant - Campaign
- Successful candidate must be very knowledgeable of common and
advanced statistical techniques for campaign analysis including
various parametric and nonparametric tests and visual exploratory
- Highly proficient in SAS programming/data analysis,
- Provide post-campaign analysis plan, in-depth data analysis and
professional documentation of results,
- Provide guidance to a team of database marketing analysts and
quantitative analysts on analysis,
- Experience in database marketing and knowledge of profitability
analysis (such as net present value) are required,
- Knowledge of statistical modeling, data mining, and experimental
design is a plus.
Masters/doctorate in Statistics, Econometrics, Marketing Science, or
equivalent, and at least 5 years relevant work experience. Additional
business education is a plus.
Please send your resume with cover letter to Nancy O'Sullivan, Senior
Recruiter, at [log in to unmask] or (fax) 617-346-4734. If
you choose to use email, please use either plain ASCII format or Word.