Motorola has an open position in machine learning in metro Phoenix area:
Motorola Labs - Intelligent Systems Research Lab, Phoenix, AZ
At Motorola's Intelligent Systems Research Lab we research machine intelligence
and contextual understanding to design the next generation mobile and personal
devices such as driver assistance systems and intelligent cell phones.
We research user needs in these environments and conduct the front-end
development to provide the intelligent systems solutions that are implemented
across a range of products.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
This position will be focused on applying an understanding of machine
intelligence to the development of software-based intelligent systems
for deployment in next-generation automotive, personal, and home devices.
The Machine Intelligence Researcher will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement techniques that infer the user's state, activity and
intention from analysis of device and environment-based sensors, personal
data and models of user behavior.
- Develop algorithms for user modeling, pattern recognition, and static and
sequential sensor data processing. These algorithms might include Support
Vector Machines, Bayes Nets, Hidden Markov Models, or Particle Filters,
- Proactively identify opportunities for technology development, develop
technical proposals and research plans and carry out research.
- Work closely with other machine intelligence and human interaction
researchers and product sector design engineers.
- Keep up with the state of the art in machine learning by following the
latest journals and conferences and the Internet.
- Publish and present results to peers, developers, management and customers.
- PhD in computer science, signal processing, mathematics, statistics,
or relevant discipline with 2 years of experience or M.S. with 5 years
- Strong record of research and innovation in the area of pattern
recognition and machine learning.
- Significant experience in software development, such as Matlab for
algorithm development and Java or C/C++ for implementation.
- Experience with large real world data sets is desirable.
- Experience in mobile device ad-hoc networking technologies and applications
of pervasive personal computing would be an advantage.
- Good organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to interact well with a multi-disciplinary technology team in the
creation of new designs and approaches.
- Able to work well across a decentralized geographically dispersed
- Flexibility in scope of job responsibilities.
- Willingness to do light travel.
Please submit your resume through http://www.motorolacareers.com
Refer to job id 13570. Alternatively, email the resume to