Demo Sessions: -- December 8 - 9, 2009; 7pm - midnight
Hyatt Regency Vancouver, BC, CANADA
Demonstration Proposal Deadline:
Saturday, August 22, 2009, 23:59 UT (4:59 PM PDT)
Demonstrations can bring ideas alive like no other form of presentation.
This is an opportunity to showcase your novel software, hardware,
or wetware technology at the NIPS 2009 Conference. Have people
interact with your robot, try out your software library, or let
them play your game. The Neural Information Processing Systems
Conference has a Demonstration Track that will run in parallel with
the popular evening Poster Sessions.
Demonstrators have a chance to show their live interactive demos
in any of the technical areas covered by NIPS (see Call for Papers)
and can be in the form of:
* Hardware technology
* Software systems
* Neuromorphic and biologically-inspired systems
The only hard constraints are that a demo must show novel technology
and must be live, preferably with some interactive parts! A demo
is not just another poster presentation - the action part is
Submissions: Submission of demo proposals at the following URL:
* What is the technology that is being demonstrated and what is novel
* What is the live part; what actions are taking place?
* What is the interactive part; what can the viewer do?
* What equipment is brought by the demonstrator?
* What equipment is required at the place of the demo?
Evaluation Criteria: Submissions will be refereed on the basis of
technical quality, novelty, live action, potential for interaction.
Demo Chair: Hans Peter Graf (NEC Laboratories America)