CLASS-L Archives

March 2008

From:
Prathaban Mookiah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:35:20 -0500
I am a student of pattern classification. My course basically covers material
from the classical "Pattern Recognition" text by Duda and Hart excluding neural
networks.

I have a problem which I need to solve. I am not asking for a solution but
some tips on how to get started on this.

I have a couple of images. In each image there may be at most 2 classes. For
each image I need to design a classifier to seperate the object and
background. Please note that there could be a single class or 2 classes -
which is unknown.

Any tips on how to get started on this using Matlab would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.