CLASS-L Archives

February 2003

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Classification, clustering, and phylogeny estimation" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:54:32 -0500
7bit
From:
"Arthur J. Kendall" <[log in to unmask]>
Are these 2 runs of a K-means algorithm (on the same set of cases  with
the same variables) or (on the same set of cases with different
variables) or (on different sets of cases with the same variables)?
Do the runs look for the same number of clusters?

if two points belong to the same cluster
 > in both clusterings this means that they are similar.

If you have runs on the same set of cases and the same set of variables,
CROSSTABing the memberships in the clusters will tell you exactly this.

Art
Social Research Consultants
University Park, MD USA
(301) 864-5570