We are pleased to announce the availability of Volume 2,
Issue 1 of SIGKDD Explorations, the official newsletter of
The current issue is available online at:
The special issue section of Volume 2, Issue 1 is focused on
"Internet Data Mining". The complete Table of Contents is:
P. S. Bradley, S. Sarawagi, U. M. Fayyad, pp. i-ii.
Contributed Articles on "Internet Data Mining":
- Web Mining Research: A Survey.
R. Kosala and H. Blockheel, pp. 1-15.
- Web for Data Mining: Organization and Interpretation of the
Discovered Rules using the Web.
Y. Ma, B. Liu, and C. K. Wong, pp. 16-23.
- Data Mining Models as Services on the Internet.
S. Sarawagi and S. H. Nagaralu, pp. 24-28.
- Concept-Based Knowledge Discovery in Texts Extracted from the
S. Loh, L. K. Wives, and J. P. de Oliveira, pp. 29-39.
- A Fine Grained Heuristic to Capture Web Navigation Patterns.
J. Borges and M. Levene, pp. 40-50.
- Scalability for Clustering Algorithms Revisited.
F. Farnstrom, J. Lewis, and C. Elkan, pp. 51-57.
- Algorithms for Association Rule Mining -- A General Survey
J. Hipp, U. Guntzer, and G. Nakhaeizadeh, pp. 58-64.
- Understanding the Crucial Differences Between Classification
and Discovery of Association Rules -- A Position Paper.
A. Freitas, pp. 65-69.
- NASA Workshop on Issues in the Application of Data Mining
to Scientific Data.
J. Behnke and E. Dobinson, pp. 70-79.
- Report on WebDB'2000: 3rd International Workshop on the
Web and Databases.
D. Suciu and G. Vossen, pp. 80-82.
- Workshop Report: 2000 ACM SIGMOD Workshop on Research
Issues in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
D. Gunopulos and R. Rastogi, pp. 83-84.
Events and Announcements, pp. 85-88.