CLASS-L Archives

October 2012

From:
Chris Hiestand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 20:58:36 -0400
Neural Information Processing Systems 2012 registration is open:
https://nips.cc/Register/

NIPS 2012 Dates:
Tutorials  December 3, 2012
Conference Sessions  December 3-6, 2012
Workshops  December 7-8, 2012

Program Highlights can be found here:
http://nips.cc/Conferences/2012/Program/

Accepted Papers are here:
http://nips.cc/Conferences/2012/Program/accepted-papers.php

Additional Information can be found here:
http://nips.cc/Conferences/2012/

Early Registration Deadline:
In order to qualify for reduced, early registration, pricing you must
register and pay before November 9, 2012 23:59 PST.

What's New in 2012:

Venue:
NIPS 2012 will be held in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA for the first time.
Conveniently, the tutorials, conference, and workshops venue are in the
hotels we are staying at (Harrah's and Harveys). An additional convenience,
the main conference is at the same venue as the workshops. This means that
Thursday afternoon does not need to be spent traveling for those attending
both the conference and the workshops.

Transportation:
We highly recommend you reserve a private bus or shuttle seat with our
transportation partner, Destination Tahoe. Please make your reservation by
Monday, November 19 - after this date seating is not guaranteed but is
distributed as available.
**Deadline: Monday, November 19**
For reservation details see our transportation page:
http://nips.cc/Conferences/2012/Transportation

Pricing:
The price of tutorials has been reduced from $200 Regular / $120 Student to
$175 Regular / $75 Student.

Volunteering:
Students can apply to volunteer at the conference in exchange for free
registration:
https://nips.cc/Volunteers/

Travel Support:
Students and PostDocs can apply for travel support:
https://nips.cc/TravelSupport/

You can register here: https://nips.cc/Register/