CLASS-L Archives

August 2006

From:
Ken Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:56:59 +1000
Basically you can do it like this:

-- in the hierarchical clustering procedure dialog box, choose 'Save..'> Cluster
membership, single solution, 3 clusters.
-- aggregate by means of the variables used for the cluster analysis, with the
new cluster membership variable as the break variable. Create a new file,
rather than accepting the SPSS default (aggr.sav or something)
-- Open that file and delete the first variable (cluster) and check the variable
names are correct (ie that SPSS hasn't added _1 to the orginal names)
-- in the original file, in k-means, choose 3 clusters; Cluster centers>Read
initial from>File... and find the .sav file you just created.

Sorry I'm a bit hazy on the details.

Ken